From Wikipedia: Michigan Central Station (also known as Michigan Central Depot or MCS), built in 1913 for the Michigan Central Railroad, was Detroit, Michigan's passenger rail depot from its opening in 1913 after the previous Michigan Central Station burned, until the cessation of Amtrak service on January 6, 1988. At the time of its construction, it was the tallest rail station in the world.
The building, located in the Corktown district of Detroit near the recently demolished Tiger Stadium and the Ambassador Bridge approximately ¾-mile (1.2 km) southwest of downtown Detroit, still stands today, though it remains unoccupied. It is located behind Roosevelt Park, and the Roosevelt Warehouse is adjacent to the east. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. Restoration projects and plans have gone as far as the negotiation process, but none has come to fruition. Restoration of Michigan Central Station is seen as an important project for the economic development of the City of Detroit.